• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What a tornado does to ACM

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Tornado ripped this 4x10 panel right off the frame... among damaging houses and trees and everything else on that side of town. Hope they are not expecting a warranty replacement...

Oddly enough, all 20 of the 6' x 12' banners are still hanging as if nothing happened.

dg7h4iR1Rn5y0oKkWsHYZ16HpgdR2M1kwon8dLGhl8Hg5gAOxrZNhs5e5lu9_3McpChwwJsDC_jVFWTu6XESzjVVNRRfilRBBo7_O-ZfXBC1H5q2kx2rZoG7_M1HNGzU7aiBHxYie5k=w494-h658-no

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We've got one we brought in the shop, from off Dallas Parkway. Ripped it off the posts, left about a 3" wide strip of material on the posts. Those were some sturdy screws!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We've got one we brought in the shop, from off Dallas Parkway. Ripped it off the posts, left about a 3" wide strip of material on the posts. Those were some sturdy screws!

I live not too far from the tollway!

This sign I made was out in East Texas.. apparently the storms that hit us last week got nastier as the moved east.

Sandman

I had a tornado hit my 30 ft high sign with ACM panels. The sign was made with two sections, one was 8x8 the other was 5x12. The tornado ripped the roof off their building (lumber yard) and sucked everything out of the interior. All the panels on my sign stayed put, but the tornado twisted the two 8" wide flange beams. A competitor told a guy, look at that sign, Dave didn't even get the poles straight. I told the guy to ask my competitor how his signs did in the tornado. Every one that was hit was gone. He lost 5 billboards and 6 electric signs.

d fleming

I've lost my out front 4x8 sign twice to small twisters and once to hurricane. ACM gets twisted pretty good, lol. After the hurricane I found the sign face almost a half mile away.