Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about your sign?

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by wildside, Jul 13, 2012.

1. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    so i am working on the design for a new sign to be put on the side of the building that can be seen down the hill onto mainstreet.

and it got me to thinking, we all build signs for everyone else, but what do our own signs look like?

i would love to see what everyone has in front of the shop/office?

ours is cut dibond with digital print applied and mounted to the huge granite arched wall with about a 2" standoff with the lights above shining down on it.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Wild that looks great...What did you use to cut the di-bond may I ask been wanting to do something like this myself.

3. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    a jigsaw actually, the wall makes proportions look small, but the wildside is 9ft across

4. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    nice.

5. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Have been in the new shop about six weeks already. Just got around to putting up a sign last week. Made from scraps in a few hours, 1/4" PVC and some dimensional lettering stuck on top. Background graduated blues are direct print on the flat bed. Costs about $100.00 to make.

Attached Files:

6. D&Tgraphics

D&Tgraphics Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Lockport, NY
    Ours is Alumilite panels for the long pieces and dibond for the logos. We used a jigsaw to cut them out and they have 3" standoffs. We're having the siding fixed up next week and some new paint on the building.

Attached Files:

7. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I've had this up for about 2 years but I think I'm gonna change the colors this summer. It's hand painted MDO with aluminum flashing to give it a thicker look.

Attached Files:

8. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    I think I need a new sign. All of your examples are great!

JR

9. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    ours looks like crap as we are in a duplex of a building and the owner of the building wanted plastic Gemini letters for both our and his company and wanted them look the same. it is OK looking but not what I'd like to see

10. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Great idea for a thread.Your sign looks very nice.

11. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    Here is ours. Internally illuminated, router cut brushed alupanel with standoff. Halo lit around alupanel and the I.D. lights around the edge of the letters.

Attached Files:

12. kstompaint

kstompaint Active Member

The structure is from treated 4x4's and the rest of it is 1/2" RTG. The raised panels are wrapped in Nikkalite reflective and have the edges routed and then painted with One-Shop. The base panels are wrapped in Oracal 3551.

A friend of mine who has a landscaping company built the retaining wall and is supposedly coming back to finish next week (after he's done at my house!).

After we get some dryvit on the building I'm going to do some lit Gemini's.

Attached Files:

13. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Due to the mishap last week (posted here: http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96558&highlight=friday+the+13th) I'm in the process of rebuilding mine and have come to the conclusion that I'm kinda happy that my old one was destroyed by an errant car tire bouncing off the trailer of a passing truck.

The new sign will be a low profile driveway marker / monument style sign constructed with Unilok landscaping block with just one pillar. The main part of the sign will be engraved gray granite. Overall dimensions of 4' wide by 3' high. The block is already laid, and the granite will be done next week.

I'm in a rural setting and prefer something not too obtrusive with the surroundings...and besides that, I lean heavily toward Frank Lloyd Wright's "Prarie School" of design....which is typically "low profile and wide".

I'll post photos next week.

JB

14. john1

john1 Guest

Why do we have thousands of shops on here and yet only a few posted their sign? Hmmmmm

15. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    I don't even have one.:rolleyes:

16. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Here's our current sign: 476036_3385124739135_286687126_o.jpg

17. john1

john1 Guest

Awesome as always Joe!

Weasel, How come when i see your avatar i think of Christmas and overlook the S&M gear it's wearing lol

18. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

here is my old shop (I was on the second floor, not fun moving a 64in GBC titan laminator up and down stairs.
    This location was in one of the busiest intersections in RI and it didnt really bring in much more business, so I moved out after 6 months.
    Now I'm working out of a non-commercial space so i cant really put up a big sign (but my customers dont care).

Attached Files:

19. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    A business with no sign...is a sign that you're too busy....well....maybe.

JB

20. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

hahaha :thumb: