• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What about your sign?

wildside

so i am working on the design for a new sign to be put on the side of the building that can be seen down the hill onto mainstreet.

and it got me to thinking, we all build signs for everyone else, but what do our own signs look like?

i would love to see what everyone has in front of the shop/office?

ours is cut dibond with digital print applied and mounted to the huge granite arched wall with about a 2" standoff with the lights above shining down on it.

Attachments

• wildsidegraphix.jpg
    wildsidegraphix.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 204

mudmedia

Wild that looks great...What did you use to cut the di-bond may I ask been wanting to do something like this myself.

SignManiac

Have been in the new shop about six weeks already. Just got around to putting up a sign last week. Made from scraps in a few hours, 1/4" PVC and some dimensional lettering stuck on top. Background graduated blues are direct print on the flat bed. Costs about $100.00 to make.

Attachments

• Skywatch Factory Sign.jpg
    Skywatch Factory Sign.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 162

D&Tgraphics

Ours is Alumilite panels for the long pieces and dibond for the logos. We used a jigsaw to cut them out and they have 3" standoffs. We're having the siding fixed up next week and some new paint on the building.

Attachments

• image-1603218205.png
    image-1603218205.png
    916.6 KB · Views: 193

Jillbeans

I've had this up for about 2 years but I think I'm gonna change the colors this summer. It's hand painted MDO with aluminum flashing to give it a thicker look.

Attachments

• newsign.jpg
    newsign.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 151

Marlene

ours looks like crap as we are in a duplex of a building and the owner of the building wanted plastic Gemini letters for both our and his company and wanted them look the same. it is OK looking but not what I'd like to see

idsignsil

Here is ours. Internally illuminated, router cut brushed alupanel with standoff. Halo lit around alupanel and the I.D. lights around the edge of the letters.

Attachments

• 100_1043.jpg
    100_1043.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_1041.jpg
    100_1041.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 164

kstompaint

The structure is from treated 4x4's and the rest of it is 1/2" RTG. The raised panels are wrapped in Nikkalite reflective and have the edges routed and then painted with One-Shop. The base panels are wrapped in Oracal 3551.

A friend of mine who has a landscaping company built the retaining wall and is supposedly coming back to finish next week (after he's done at my house!).

After we get some dryvit on the building I'm going to do some lit Gemini's.

Attachments

• Icon Sign resize.jpg
    Icon Sign resize.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 167

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Due to the mishap last week (posted here: http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96558&highlight=friday+the+13th) I'm in the process of rebuilding mine and have come to the conclusion that I'm kinda happy that my old one was destroyed by an errant car tire bouncing off the trailer of a passing truck.

The new sign will be a low profile driveway marker / monument style sign constructed with Unilok landscaping block with just one pillar. The main part of the sign will be engraved gray granite. Overall dimensions of 4' wide by 3' high. The block is already laid, and the granite will be done next week.

I'm in a rural setting and prefer something not too obtrusive with the surroundings...and besides that, I lean heavily toward Frank Lloyd Wright's "Prarie School" of design....which is typically "low profile and wide".

I'll post photos next week.

JB

J

john1

Why do we have thousands of shops on here and yet only a few posted their sign? Hmmmmm

J

john1

Awesome as always Joe!

Weasel, How come when i see your avatar i think of Christmas and overlook the S&M gear it's wearing lol

401Graphics

here is my old shop (I was on the second floor, not fun moving a 64in GBC titan laminator up and down stairs.
This location was in one of the busiest intersections in RI and it didnt really bring in much more business, so I moved out after 6 months.
Now I'm working out of a non-commercial space so i cant really put up a big sign (but my customers dont care).

Attachments

• oldstore2.jpg
    oldstore2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 155