• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What are these nasty green lines? (pic included)

Bryce I

I'm Brie
These lines have been showing up in my prints sometimes. Doesn't seem to happen when printing rows of stickers or things like that. But if the print is a large (usually dark?) area, like an expensive vehicle wrap, these show up at the darndest times.
This is on a Roland True-Vis VG-540. We just made the switch to TR2 ink. Maybe related?
Does this have to do with versaworks not properly recognizing some of the greys from the illustrator file?
Sometimes it's subtle, and hard to catch while printing. I'm including a pic of the most egregious one below. Any insights would be much appreciated.

PRINTER GREEN LINES.jpg

MikePro

which direction do they appear? parallel the carriage axis or the feed axis?
the former typically being ink starvation, and the latter an encoder strip/sensor issue.
if its a gradient rendering/profile-thing, it could be confirmed by recreation of the issue when printing at rotation