• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are your favorite wrap tools?

Sven

I'm new to wrapping, so I was looking for some tips. We just did a box-truck, and it was very difficult. What tools make your job easier? What's indispensable to you? Anything that you wouldn't have thought of when you were starting out?Thanks....

ExecuPrintGS

For doing box trucks our scaffolding is the best tool. I work better when i feel sure footed and secure, not balancing on a ladder.

As far as tools, torch and a rollepro make short work of any rivets.
What about the truck made it particularly difficult? usually big box trucks are pretty straight forward.

Sven

What about the truck made it particularly difficult? usually big box trucks are pretty straight forward.

It was a small trailer, and we had some wheel wells that gave us trouble. But we did a vertical center hinge on one side, which was a big mistake. Other than that, it was hard not to get some wrinkles here and there, especially at rivets.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Rollepro for trucks with a lot of rivets. Hands down best squeegees, Geek Wraps ones (use them wet a lot as well as dry). Magnets for positioning. 55 gallon drum of 99% isopropyl alcohol :smile:. Also - good templates and designers that consider installation challenges when designing make life a lot nicer as well....

ExecuPrintGS

It was a small trailer, and we had some wheel wells that gave us trouble. But we did a vertical center hinge on one side, which was a big mistake. Other than that, it was hard not to get some wrinkles here and there, especially at rivets.

What material were you using for the install?

Sven

What material were you using for the install?

We had a local wholesaler print the graphics, and they told us it was Avery RS cast --- but there were no markings on the back of the liner, which makes me wonder. But it was easy enough to work with. I think it's just lack of skill on our part.

ExecuPrintGS

We had a local wholesaler print the graphics, and they told us it was Avery RS cast --- but there were no markings on the back of the liner, which makes me wonder. But it was easy enough to work with. I think it's just lack of skill on our part.

Sounds like you guys just need a little more practice and experience with the material. You will get it.
If you dont already have an account, thewrapinstitute.com has awesome how to videos on everything wrap related. its a great resource for beginners and experts :thumb: