• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What are your main issues with Mimaki CJV150?

flik

Hi! Making the decision to buy the first machine is not easy, hope you Mimakins can help me to reach my next milestone.

I own a silhouette cameo that I barely use, I mostly outsource my sticker/label print and cut work. After 2 years, I am ready to take the next step cautiously (I'm not a risk taker). I am seriously considering getting a Mimaki CJV150-75 to expand my business and to include vinyl decal, but not much information or reviews are available. I just want to prepare myself for what to come. I have a feeling that it's not easy to use (?) and this is totally a hunch, there will be high ink wastages from cleaning/flushing(?).

What are you experience with Mimaki CJV150?

ironchef

Why the 75 and not the 130/160? What kind of print work have you been subbing out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

flik

Why the 75 and not the 130/160? What kind of print work have you been subbing out

Thank you for your insight.
I outsourced stickers used for labelling. And will continue to do so for mirrorkote stickers which is more suited for digital printing.
I will use the machine for in-house production of vinyl stickers and vinyl decals (for vehicles, window, floor, etc).
I've done minimal work (myself) with vinyl decal cutting using the silhouette cameo and it was quickly paid off.
Mimaki CJV150-75 because of budget ( and it's a great deal if it's the same price as Roland BN20, no?), and I don't see myself needing a bigger print output at the moment.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
and I don't see myself needing a bigger print output at the moment.

With current promos you can get the 130 for $500 more than the 75. Almost every customer I have ever had who said, "I don't need the bigger size right now." came back 6 months later wanting to upgrade. If you truly only do bumper stickers and promotional stickers then 30" is fine but after the 10th person comes in looking for a 3' x 5' banner or 4' x 8' coro sign, you are going to wish you got the 130 at least.

flik

Almost every customer I have ever had who said, "I don't need the bigger size right now." came back 6 months later wanting to upgrade. If you truly only do bumper stickers and promotional stickers then 30" is fine but after the 10th person comes in looking for a 3' x 5' banner or 4' x 8' coro sign, you are going to wish you got the 130 at least.

Thanks for your heads up.
I know you're right.
I always wish I have a bigger machine.

flik

Thank you for all your input.
I'm going with Mimaki CJV150-75.
I'm so excited!! :)
I'm officially a print-and-cutter!
I'll be all over this forum from now on.

ironchef

Great to hear. Here is some advice when cutting. I've only sent print/cut info together to the rip in the beginning. For some reason, it didn't work out for me. So I print first and use the plug in to cut after printing. Also don't regulate the pressure they the pc. Assign the cutting pressure on the mimaki itself. Also, when finishing cutting and going back to printing, before pressing enter, remote. Press the left arrow so the printer reads the media width. Then press enter, remote.

nate02

With current promos you can get the 130 for $500 more than the 75.

What promos bring the 130 down to only $500 more than the 75? I'm waiting on a quote from my dealer but Mimaki's list price with promos is $7K for the 75 and $12K for the 130.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The current promo is $9500 for the 130. Mimaki has been changing them a lot recently so they have been different since I last posted. The one I just quoted you is the most recent.

nate02

The current promo is $9500 for the 130. Mimaki has been changing them a lot recently so they have been different since I last posted. The one I just quoted you is the most recent.

Thanks for the quick response. So are they just cutting all the CJV150 prices in half? $7K for the 75. $9500 for the 130. Is the 107 $7750 then?