• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What bond paper can you use for a Summa S2 T Series

Kate

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction for what type of bond paper (used for pen plots) you can use on a Summa Class 2 Series T.

The paper we have at the moment keeps breaking off on all the rollers and slips throughout the machine.

If anyone can help me, I would apprecaite that a lot.

Thank you.

Rico

IDK what model you have, but my D75 doesn't seem to have any preferences, except what I found below. I have used local sign supplier plotter-paper and generic butcher paper. The best I found was EZ DRAW from Fellers. It is thicker, whiter and slicker than any, IMO

I bought my plotter brand new and while the vinyl cutting is excellent, the paper plotting is terrible. I cannot do anything longer than about 3' without the paper munching. By comparing it to my old plotter that ran paper perfectly, I figured out that it is a deign flaw in the Summa; basically the in-feed and out-feed surfaces drop off too sharply so the paper goes straight down then buckles on the bottom of the catch basket. my solution was to take a piece of 3mm sintra and create my own "landing strip" for the out-feed or front of the plotter. now I don't have any more issues with munching! See below for a visual

summa

Fares Bayazeed

A good 46 to 48# does well on this cutter. Pretty standard across the board for a little competition to keep the price down. Nashua, Paper Boys, Bayou, they all have a good one. The list goes on and on in the in the good Old USA