• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Brand of Tape...

westpointsigns

I've been using DUCK brand white masking tape from the git-go with no problems, but lately it's been leaving adhesive residue behind.

I'm just wondering what others are using because I have to make a change.

Tim Aucoin

For what specific use??

Masking vinyl... I am using 3M SCPM-3 medium tack.
I also use a transparent mask product from R-Tape for masking.

For general use (holding stuff down, taping rolls, etc...), I just use green painters tape. Works great!

Tim Aucoin

Holding the graphics in place before and during application.

Green painters tape for sure! Local hardware store. I've been using this for 5 years now... never an issue! :smile:
Comes in various widths...

Attachments

• photo copy 2.JPG
    photo copy 2.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 77

Caitlin

Yep, we get the value pack of green painters tape from Home Depot. Has never given me any troubles so long as it stays dry.

MikePro

Green painters tape for sure! Local hardware store. I've been using this for 5 years now... never an issue! :smile:
Comes in various widths...

love that stuff! less expensive than the blue painter's tape (which I also like to use)
I mainly use 3M Masking tape, off-brands of the non-painter's tape tend to shred easily or release quickly when wet/cold.
best deals if you can find them in the "contractor's packs":
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 12.03.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 12.03.17 PM.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 162

tsgstl

shurtape isn't as bad as the other knockoff's I think it is LOWE's house brand. But if you get the scotch brand bulk packs it is close to the same price.

That green or blue stuff is twice as much, either I am cheap or I use way more tape than most.