• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Causes This?

signguy35

7910891d3fe6ee5f4341893afbf895fc.jpg

Every now and then I'll get this in my prints. Vs640. What causes this? It seems random. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Cynosure

7910891d3fe6ee5f4341893afbf895fc.jpg

Every now and then I'll get this in my prints. Vs640. What causes this? It seems random. Thanks

I get that on my vs540 from time to time. I believe its when the machine does a "clean" during printing or refills the lines....thats what my sales rep told me. Could have just been an excuse for "I don't know"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

allblack

It makes no sense, roland won't perform cleaning during printing process. signguy35 are you using media clamps? It happens randomly on any media or only this particularly one.

signguy35

No clamps, only time it will clean is when I put new ink in, this print was not one of those times

excelerator

Did you pause the machine while printing at that point? I have XR-640 and if paused during printing, that light patch will have. Someone told me it was because you were no longer printing ink into a wet edge...Like painting your walls. We no longer pause any prints during printing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had this problem aswell, mostly its some colors that are difficult to print, when i get this problem i rasterize the layer with the problematic color and reprint, 99% of the time this solves the problem

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Did you pause the machine while printing at that point? I have XR-640 and if paused during printing, that light patch will have. Someone told me it was because you were no longer printing ink into a wet edge...Like painting your walls. We no longer pause any prints during printing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I thought this as well bu normally for us this patch would be darker rather than lighter due to a puase sitting in the outplut platten.

Garama

Are you using a takeup reel? If so, i could be a slight pulling on the material when it activates and starts rolling it up. Is it happening within the 1st 3-4 feet?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Depending on which way it runs, it looks like the material is rippling slightly during printing from too much heat.

Joe House

I agree with Mike Paul, but I've also seen static electricity cause that. If your humidity is low, static can build up and cause banding - it's really erratic in how it behaves.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Maybe where your vinyl was touching the bars? Does it happen more than once in any print, or just occasionally in the first few feet?

Vheissu

Same issue with VG-640. Had to have a tech come in.

Here are the service notes from the last service visit:

REPAIR SUMMARY: Confirmed cap position was correct. Confirmed maintenance is done properly. Performed damper fill from service menu. Ink starvation is gone

signguy35

I wonder if it is from touching the bars. I don't change head height while printing and unless ink runs out mid print I never pause. Time to clean bars again.