• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What Could Cause This?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those were printed on a flatbed and the adhesion was piss-poor and is flaking off. It usually only happens with rather dark colors, but it can happen almost anywhere. Just brushing against it with clothes or your hand can rub it off.

legacyborn

Thank you for the help!

Is it possibly because they were trying to save money? Or more likely they don't know what they were doing?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Could be that the coro was not cleaned good before printing and/or not letting it dry before printing. Not letting the UV lamps set a good cure. Yes, darker or more saturated colors need more time to cure either by setting a delay in printing or bumping the UV lamps to high.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it. Cor-X is about the worse substrate to print to, unless you have a flatbed with some super duper ink adhesiveness [if that's a word]. We get batches in and we'll see peeling after a year or so and some, never a problem. Ya never know what you're gonna get. We clean each and every sheet before printing on it. It's a gamble. Remember, that's the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the sign world. An 18 x 24 costs about 80¢ and another 85¢ to print it. You do the math. Rather than paint yourself into a corner and rather than talk trash about a competitor, put it on the customer for going as cheap as possible. Ya get what ya pay for.

Last edited:

legacyborn

I doubt it. Cor-X is about the worse substrate to print to, unless you have a flatbed with some super duper ink adhesiveness [if that's a word]. We get batches in and we'll see peeling after a year or so and some, never a problem. Ya never know what you're gonna get. We clean each and every sheet before printing on it. It's a gamble. Remember, that's the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the sign world. An 18 x 24 costs about 80¢ and another 85¢ to print it. You do the math. Rather than paint yourself into a corner and rather than talk trash about a competitor, put it on the customer for going as cheap as possible. Ya get what ya pay for.

These have been up just over 3 weeks

100% with you Gino, I would never trash talk a competitor, but I wanted to be able to explain to them what happened. This competitor is 1000+ miles away so they paid shipping on top of it, but all they saw was the $3 per sign, and I would never try to compete with that price. I have purchased a ton of printed coro from signs365 and I have never had an issue like this.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, three weeks. I'd be upset, too, if I was the customer. You're gonna be hardpressed to sell them the same thing for 5 times the cost. Maybe they could call them and demand they do it over, but that might take too long.

Tell them, you will do your best to give them a good product at a good price...... and there are Merchant Members here, who can pull this off for you, but don't make any promises. It can happen to anyone flatbed printing to Cor-X. Like I said, it's always a gamble. Ya just don't want it happening to you or ya might not get paid. They've been burned, so they'll be very hesitant to give money away beforehand.

Good luck...............​

legacyborn

Completely agree, from what I have seen around town, it looks to be about 10% of the signs are like this. And yeah, they will probably just weight a 10% loss vs the 400%+ increase in cost to have me do them and still call it a win. I worry about their image, but they don't seem to much.