• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What do I need to buy?

tintgirl2000

This broke today. Do I have to replace the whole cut head or can I just replace the cradle that holds the knife. See picture. This is a Summa D60

Attachments

• 25C02D69-15C9-4DE5-9320-7D3AEFB831C6.png
    25C02D69-15C9-4DE5-9320-7D3AEFB831C6.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 357

Kottwitz-Graphics

yep. mine broke last year, and I tried all types of epoxies to repair...

good and bad news...

bad news is it is a $600 to $700 part, good news is it isn't hard to change.

But you can write it off on your taxes. I forgot to do that this year, so I will attempt to take it off on next years taxes.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When businesses file their income tax return, they are able to write off expenses incurred to run the business and subtract them from their revenue to determine their taxable income. So, if you spent money on dinner to take out a client, a portion of that expense acts as a write-off against your business income because the cost of the dinner is a business-related expense.

Tax write-offs simply lower an individual's or business's taxable income, thus the tax liability. For example, imagine your business earns $500,000 in revenue but spends $250,000 on payroll, utilities, rent, inventory and other operating costs. When you file your income tax, you report the income and the expenses, and as a result of the write-offs, your taxable business income is only $250,000.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea you just dont pay the tax on that money because it's no longer there! Well duh you dont pay tax on $ you dont have.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
When businesses file their income tax return, they are able to write off expenses incurred to run the business and subtract them from their revenue to determine their taxable income. So, if you spent money on dinner to take out a client, a portion of that expense acts as a write-off against your business income because the cost of the dinner is a business-related expense.

Tax write-offs simply lower an individual's or business's taxable income, thus the tax liability. For example, imagine your business earns $500,000 in revenue but spends $250,000 on payroll, utilities, rent, inventory and other operating costs. When you file your income tax, you report the income and the expenses, and as a result of the write-offs, your taxable business income is only $250,000.

Yes, but if you dont go out to dinner you KEEP about 75% of what you dont spend.

UNLESS you do business as yourself and your on the verge of a tax bracket...like I was this year, when if I spent $5000 I would get back $10500... I actually didnt spend the $5000, I "spent" it on myself by putting in a 401k. So I saved 5k and it got me back 10k in tax refund.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can't see all of it but it doesn't look like it would be too hard to make out of brass or aluminum if someone in the shop is a handy with few hand tools. Might even check to see what a 3D printer service would charge.