• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you charge printing for wrap?

ykaldes

What all the prices going up these days I wonder how many wide format printers adjust their pricing to new realty. So, I ask:
How much would you charge for printing and laminating vehicle wrap graphiccs $4-5/sq ft $5.01-6.00, 6.01-7.00, 7.01-8.00, 8.01- 9.00, over 9.00?

P

ProWraps™

way to open question. what materials? installed or just printed? what starting quantity?

ykaldes

OK, just to make it easy:
Whatever cast vinyl you print on. Just print and lam- no installation.

FrankenSigns.biz

I think the going rate around here is $10 print and install. At that price point we do 2-4 a month, but I am not convinced it's a real profit center for me. I'd like to get more in the $14 range. As some of you may know we have had to re-do several wraps, and it seems almost standard procedure for us to end each deal with some sort of confrontation that leads to losing the client pretty much permanently. Most if not all of these confrontations were the result of a bad installer, whom we have stopped using.

Here's a good one: we just tore off and reprinted and reinstalled and entire Mercedes Step van due to poor installation (a $3000 job). Second time's the charm, right? Several hours after the guy leaves with the van he calls and said we busted his tail light. ($500 on a van like this) and wants us the pay for it, (another lost customer). Thank goodness we took SEVERAL hi-res photos of the van before he left. The tail lights were in perfect condition when he drove away and we can prove it, but he still wants to hold us responsible.

Ain't life grand?

Chiproller

Going rate is about 14 to 15 for print design and install around here. I will not do it for less, see Frankensigns post for reasons why.

To print I have been charging $10. With lam, $12.

Chip

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We charge $7.00/sq.ft. (Retail) and $5.00/sq.ft. (resale) on 3M IJ190C with 8519 laminate

Wraps are $10/sq.ft. Printed-Laminated-Installed (on most vehicles). Also based on doing (1) vehicle.