• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Do You Do To Mask The Smell Of A Stinky Customer

TheSnowman

I just had a "race car guy" in here I guess. He seriously scribbled a bunch of stuff like a 3 year old on a paper, then asked me "how much". I told him I have zero clue what any of this is and that he'd have to give me more details. Long story short, I tried to get rid of him with a high price, and he wanted it today, and I told him it'd be a couple weeks so hopefully that does the job. He wanted me to put my name on the side of his car to give me so much extra business...no way.

ANYWAY, dude STUNK to high heaven. He was in here literally 3-4 mins and the whole place just stunk. I went and got what we have in the bathroom and sprayed it thinking it would be better, but now it smells like someone tried to cover up a massive dump in the corner.

Anyone got anything that works for these kinds of people. Seems like I get one a week that's either just smoked beyond belief, or they haven't showered in ages.

Tizz

A large soy scented candle with the strongest scent possible. Wait make that 3 large scented candles all lit at once.
Otherwise a can of Bossistos (eucalyptus) spray does a great job. It actually kills the smell.

Marlene

never have had one of "those" kinds of people. we do get dump the entire bottle of Polo on themselves guys which leaves a whole other scent to deal with for days. open all the doors and windows as it helps air it out

Starter

I tell them we no longer do that type of work and refer them to worst sign shop I know of. Just kidding. High price for our services and a clothes pin for my nose?

boxerbay

haha. at my dads store he used to kick them straight out. he wouldnt care if they were going to spend hundreds. he would kick them out faster than Martin - Get to steppin! He said they will stink up the place and ruin it for the real customers. no lie he would tell them get out and dont come back in unless you took a bath.

Last edited:

TheSnowman

I tell them we no longer do that type of work and refer them to worst sign shop I know of. Just kidding. High price for our services and a clothes pin for my nose?
I have been sending quite a few people around the corner to the people that got into business by working for another guy in town and stealing his customer list and soliciting all his customers with a cheaper price by a few cents. I figure they deserve the bad ones if they're gonna set up right next to me and get into business that way. I guess I've just gotta roll with the stink or mask it with a candle the way it looks now.

TXFB.INS

I would take a poorly dressed slob any day of the week over a well-dressed stinker.

we have a bottle of scent free Oust by the front desk and depending on the person I have sprayed it while they stand there
the notion of adding more scent to cover a scent is a no go for me.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We ask them to step into our VIP reception area.
You can see clearly how the fumes off this guy's rear end are being sucked directly into the charcoal filter.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 264

Suz

I think this "race car" guy you spoke of just visited my shop last week! LOL! I got a drop in visit from what sounds like the same Character in my shop. He asked me to create a custom design of his race car for screenprinting on black mechanic jackets and tee shirts. He was cheap and let me know ahead he didn't want to order very many, didn't have much money, wanted a lot of design work of course, and in a hurry to get his order filled.

Should have trusted my gut feelings and told him that he should find another shop to fill his demands. I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with him but I knew I wanted him to leave my shop asap, his odor was revolting.

Anyhow, this guy smelled of old tobacco and grease. Yuck! Smelled him several hours after he left and on top of that, he stole something from my shop when he returned a few days later to pick up his order. Luckily, I noticed what was missing right away and went after him before he rolled on down the street! What do you know, it ended up in his box with his order! He acted surprised. He won't be welcomed back, that is for sure.

He was a stinker and a thief!

gabagoo

I have had a few over the years.... I would overprice everything for him to get rid of him...if he stays than I get paid for having to smell him. There was a guy in here last week who was with the designer for over an hour. I have noticed something with this guy before...it was coming from his mouth and it wasn't what I would call typical bad breath or I have not flossed...EVER!!! smell..it was different and the guy has a nice white smile ,so I have no idea but he definately needs to brush his tongue....the smell remained well over an hour after he left...I used Glade.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have had a few over the years.... I would overprice everything for him to get rid of him...if he stays than I get paid for having to smell him. There was a guy in here last week who was with the designer for over an hour. I have noticed something with this guy before...it was coming from his mouth and it wasn't what I would call typical bad breath or I have not flossed...EVER!!! smell..it was different and the guy has a nice white smile ,so I have no idea but he definately needs to brush his tongue....the smell remained well over an hour after he left...I used Glade.

Quite possible the guy was diabetic. Ketosis can and does cause bad breath problems from the way it deals with breaking down fat within the body.

Suz

The stinkiest part about the guy that visited my shop was that he stole something (during his second visit) before exiting. This would be the primary reason he's not going to be allowed back! I will admit though, I wasn't dealing with the odors he brought in very well either. LOL. Glad I'm by appointment only, easier to sort out the nuts. Sometimes they do get in though, if I have opened the door for another Customer who already had an appointment.