• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you do with this happens?

brycesteiner

This morning was running banners for a school and inside the banner material was this:
attachment.php

It actually caught the head after it had printed in it a few times, stopped the machine and gave an error. I went and looked on the back side of the Mutoh and it's wound in the roll:
attachment.php

I tried unrolling it somewhat to get to the end of it but's wound in quite a bit. It's a roll of Zeelon 13oz (maybe Arlon but I quit buying that a while back.) 54".
Can I start the machine back up after removing the roll?
Is there a procedure to doing this?

thanks,
Bryce

Attachments

• IMG_4473.jpg
    IMG_4473.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4472.jpg
    IMG_4472.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 144

letterman7

Eh.. you might be able to restart the print where it left off, most times you'll need to start that portion over. Clean the head really well and have someone roll out the banner material while it's on the machine while you or someone else tracks that thread and pulls it loose. Hand-roll the banner back up which will do two things: eliminates the stickiness that some banners have when coming off the roll (reduces machine pressure via the pinch rolls) and allows you to inspect the rest of the material. Good luck!

scott pagan

agree, not sure if you can salvage the already printed item. i'd first try to remove all loose strands around the head, pinch rollers, and print area to avoid a major problem. then if you can free out the lead of string so it falls free loose away from material feed you should be ok. may need to have press operator keep an eye on it as it runs. to avoid this at our shop we will take a torch and singe the edges of the rolls when we unpack them from the shipping cartons. many times we had run into the frayed edges grabbing ink off the heads and spray/slap/flick-ing ink splatters into our "live" print area. singeing the roll edges has prevented that from happening.

brycesteiner

To avoid this at our shop we will take a torch and singe the edges of the rolls when we unpack them from the shipping cartons. many times we had run into the frayed edges grabbing ink off the heads and spray/slap/flick-ing ink splatters into our "live" print area. singeing the roll edges has prevented that from happening.

We've done that too, but this was inside, rolled up with the material.
I ended getting it all out and here is what it was:
attachment.php

It actually had an indent through the material for several layers which I also threw out. Actually, Fellers wants me to send it back.
I ended up having to throw out about 20' in length of this roll. Then I re-ran the banners and they printed fine, so no damage to the machine (not that I can tell anyway.)

Attachments

• IMG_4474.jpg
    IMG_4474.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 157