• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you girls use in the office?

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
Looking to find some software to replace Paradox, use it to track service calls. We can write down what we have done to the sign in the past, list ballasts, lamps etc. We also have Quickbooks(several versions old) but the girls don't know if it will do the same thing Paradox will. I don't do office so I have no clue and yet have been assigned the task to find something that will work.

livoniasigns

I use quickbooks. You can look up past orders and find information on the job. (you just have to make sure you enter that information) It takes awhile to set up the program with all your information, but once its done its a great timesaver.

HeresYourSign

I use quickbooks as well. It's a great tool, easy to look up invoices and shows all kinds of reports to let you know how you are doing financially.

choucove

Generally our shop uses Quickbooks for this task. It's really easy to search for the customer, look up past invoices and even specific down to a certain sign unit. In the invoices it is listed out what tasks were done, as well as quantities of materials, so it's easy to track the last time ballasts were installed, lamps replaced, etc.

As livoniasigns said, Quickbooks can take a while and be somewhat frustrating to get set up with all your information, but when you are going through upkeeping data daily, it can be incredibly helpful and eliminate a LOT of paperwork trail, keeping track of it on the computer for you.

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
can you print out information without printing the financial end of the customers history? Just a screen that shows what we have done thus far to the sign and what materials we've used.