• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you have or would like to have in your washout booth

tim99

Finally Getting a dedicated dark room. as such Im building my own washout booth. what do you have in your washout booth that's helpful? or think would be helpful?

ThePrinter

Compressed air to blow off excess water and a nice breeze.

A wash out booth big enough to set at least two screens side by side.

I have a dehumidifier in my dark room. I think it made a big difference with drying times.

Dennis422

Attachments

• wash1.jpeg
    wash1.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 113
  • wash2.jpeg
    wash2.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 109
  • wash3.jpeg
    wash3.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 126

Turnergraphics

We use citrapaste to get the ink out then set screen in a dip tank for a few seconds, then pressure wash, then dehaze/degrease, then use compressed air before putting it in front of a fan to dry. We have a screen cabinet for each mesh count. I've been meaning to pipe in compressed air to the sink but never have. It would save us on dehaze chemical.

tim99

Whats the idea of the compressed air? just to remove the water from the screen after cleaning the emulsion off?
Also what are you mixing in your dip tank?

Turnergraphics

Yes compressed air used to get the water out of the image helps keep the image clear of haze after exposure and putting dehaze on a dry screen uses less chemical. We use easi500 in the dip tank. $100 for one gallon mixes with 40 gallons of water. It lasts between 1 and 2 months but weakens fairly quickly. We used crystals mixed with water in a spray bottle until the price of crystals went up so much.