• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What file type do you print from?

What file type do you print from?

• EPS

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • PDF

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Just wondering what the majority of people use for their printing?

We use PDF’s. I’ve always found they're very consistent and more widely accepted. Plus handy for sending to customers if I really need to as they pretty much cover all the bases, they give file dimensions and support vector and bitmap. That and most PC’s (I’ve found) do not come with the ability to open EPS files, whereas pretty much every PC comes with adobe reader. So no need to export multiple file types.

WildWestDesigns

I'll either use EPS or PDF for print or various other needs that I may have.

As to sending to customers, it may be a PDF file, but it has raster elements as there would be no other way to render the file otherwise.

I've only known Reader to come with off the shelf computers where that was one of the many programs put on the computer. A lot of my customers had to download Reader, so it's six in one, half a dozen in the other with regard to that, I find that it's more likely people know what to do with a PDF format versus the EPS format as it is pretty wide spread used in the business world in general. What we use here at the shop (KDE Neon) comes with a program called Gwenview. It'll read (just read mind you), EPS, PDF and even PSDs.

rjssigns

Depends on what I'm doing. High res work from Photoshop is TIFF. Some files are EPS while others are JPG. Although most are PDF's at Press Quality.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We have digital presses too so we request PDF artwork. That or we end up with dodgy word files that don’t open properly or stuff gets moved about.

I don’t even want to start on bleeds..

Last edited: