• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is a low cost 2 color sign for outdoor use that will last for 2 years in a marina setting?

DOCMerchandise

I have purchased coroplast signs from Signs365 and they lasted 60 days before fading, I used Master Screen Printers and had them screen printed and they lasted only about 90 days. Customer only orders 100 12" X 24" signs at a time, but they never last. Any suggestions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of our Cor-X signs will last 2 or 3 years, but usually the Cor-X itself disintegrates before the fading takes place, unless our lamps are near running out. Screening them, should last 4 or 5 years, unless they are using entirely the wrong inks. Sounds like you live on the equator.................

edit : if you don't mind, what are you charging for them ??​

d fleming

Stop expecting coro to last in a Marina setting for one. Screen printed aluminum should last quite a bit longer, or as already stated, high performance vinyl on aluminum.

Andy D

60 and 90 days does seem way too quick for ink to fade, unless you're mounting them horizontally in full sun.
I agree with everyone else, I tell customers that I have had coroplast last outside for over five years and they still looked great, but
I sell coroplast and banners strictly as a short term signs and don't warranty them at all.

Andy D

Are you sure they're fading or could maintenance be cleaning them with some kind of chemical?
Many screen printing ink will come right off when cleaned.
If you want long term; UV laminated prints or quality cut vinyl on aluminum or composite aluminum, but even those
will fade quickly if mounted horizontally in full sun.