• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is going on with the Maintenance Cartridges?

dypinc

Has something changed, redesigned or something. Been running a L360 for over 3 years and this is the first Maintenance Cartridge that is this quiet. It is not making as much noise when printing. I noticed it the other day when printing 18pass and thought it had something to do with that speed but I noticed today it was pretty quiet when doing 12pass.

Printing seems to be ok.

There is a new design for the maintenance cartridges on low-volume latex printers, All 100, 300 and 500 Series share the same cartridge, so the new ones have an additional cap for the second OP head used on the 500 Series, and the angle of the rubber wiper blade has been changed to reduce the noise that the blade makes when the heads are wiped. It makes a significant difference, as you've noticed.