• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is happening when I send a file out to rip and it sits "holding"?

gabagoo

I just swapped out my old hard drive with a cloned new drive and everything is working fine, except I now seem to get a holding message in prod manager and it never sends the file out to print. If I send it again from the prod manager , then it re rips it and it goes to print. never had this before, so I am just wondering what the software is holding for?

In flexi there is a drop down on the first page. When you go to print from the design area. It says something like send: You can choose send or hold in list.

gabagoo

Yes I see it in the print and rip area... I have never in 10 years even really taken notice of it before. I have no idea how it changed, but thank you for the knowledge.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Surprised you don't use the Hold in List feature... I set up all my jobs in the queue, in hold, grouped per material, so I load material, send as needed. Can't see how ones functions without utilizing Hold in List.