• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is that banner bonding liquid nails stuff called?

Quark

Merchant Member
comes in a little tin can, apply with brush to bond two layers of banner together...? thanks!

Sign Works

HH-66 Vinyl Cement

Attachments

• HH-66-Vinyl-Cement-8oz_1.jpg
    HH-66-Vinyl-Cement-8oz_1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 236

MikePro

works great for patching holes in flexface & banner material. can't think of any other proper use for it.

Split76

thanks for the tip. I ordered banner welder from china 2 years ago and it was .. fucking waste of money. It was broken at arrival, we fixed it but .. it was used.. even with best possible seam, it's 20mm wide and will fail. The smell is horrible and very toxic. Oracal's hemming tape works somehow but.. This must be better for heavier loads and bigger banners.

printhog

thanks for the tip. I ordered banner welder from china 2 years ago and it was .. fucking waste of money. It was broken at arrival, we fixed it but .. it was used.. even with best possible seam, it's 20mm wide and will fail. The smell is horrible and very toxic. Oracal's hemming tape works somehow but.. This must be better for heavier loads and bigger banners.
A leister welder will be much better than that chinese thing.. 20mm seam is common for billboard flex. So it might be your heat and speed settings.. proper welds should tear the coating off the scrim. test each type of material before welding.

Yes those welders do stink, but only if you run too hot or too slow. as for the hh66 cement, it will stink more, and you could get an exposure issue off it. it does work for big welds, but drytime is an issue. it will cause inks to offset on contact hours after welding.