• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best spray gun compatible with Matthews Paints ?

equippaint

We have a few 3m accuspray guns and really dont like them.
Our preferred cup gun is a finishline, its a good overall value.

equippaint

get a true hvlp like a lex-aire. once you get the hang of it you will love it. (no overspray) close to 50% savings in paint use.
Theyre all hvlp and lvlp guns now in the usa. You can still find some conventionals like the jga for pressure feed but theyre going to the wayside.
Theres just as much overspray with an hvlp and they offer no material savings over conventional. Studies have proven this. If you want low overspray and efficient transfer rates then you would need to go electrostatic.
Ive never heard of lex-air. You should buy something like binks, anest-iwata or devilbiss because you can get most parts locally for these. These are also the brands you will see 95% of the pros using in bodyshops.

visual800

We love the finishline brand also and those purple guns at harbor freight last +awhile if you take care of them and they spray excellent, I buy conventional gravity feed, YES they are still out there. I despise HVLP guns. Another peice of govt bs trying to ruin our lives. We spray auto paints, and latex thru our guns

spectrum maine

you should do some research. i have a top of the line binks "hvlp" conversion gun & i use my lex aire daily. My lex aire setup was $1200. it is a true hvlp with a large diameter hose. I can spray a whole car with just over 2 quarts of product. dry warm air w/ no compressor required. It helps start the catalyzed paint to kick, perfect for hard to heat shops.
There is a massive difference in overspray cloud. It takes a better spray painter as the arm speed is slower. I have been spraying for 30 years. at least a 30% savings in product.

spectrum maine

Theyre all hvlp and lvlp guns now in the usa. You can still find some conventionals like the jga for pressure feed but theyre going to the wayside.
Theres just as much overspray with an hvlp and they offer no material savings over conventional. Studies have proven this. If you want low overspray and efficient transfer rates then you would need to go electrostatic.
Ive never heard of lex-air. You should buy something like binks, anest-iwata or devilbiss because you can get most parts locally for these. These are also the brands you will see 95% of the pros using in bodyshops.
there is a huge difference between a true hvlp & a conversion gun. If it is run on a regular compressor it is a conversion gun. my hvlp hose is 1-14" in diameter & puts out like 5-10 psi max. (high volume low pressure) the air is always warm & dry. do your homework before you show your ignorance. I have a $500 binks & i prefer my hvlp. Especially for matthews.

equippaint

there is a huge difference between a true hvlp & a conversion gun. If it is run on a regular compressor it is a conversion gun. my hvlp hose is 1-14" in diameter & puts out like 5-10 psi max. (high volume low pressure) the air is always warm & dry. do your homework before you show your ignorance. I have a $500 binks & i prefer my hvlp. Especially for matthews.
Youre gonna pull up a yr old thread and be a d*ck? Youre calling me ignorant when you have either confused or dont know the difference between a conversion gun, turbine and hvlp. An hvlp is an hvlp. What exactly would give it air aside from a compressor? A conversion gun uses less volume so it can be used with a smaller compressor typically found in small shops, like cabinet builders. Turbines are also popular for the same reason but they give dry air and have their own air source. Your air hose isnt set at 5-10 lbs on an hvlp, the air is measured at the aircap, typically 25-30lbs at the regulator gives you 10 at the cap. 5 lbs on and hvlp would spit paint and be heavily textured. Youre also not running your gun on a 1.25” air hose, jack hammers use 3/4”. We run some of our blast pots off 1.25” and 185 compressors.
What are you talking about with your $500 binks but prefer your hvlp? Binks is a brand not a type. I find it a bit ironic that youre calling me ignorant when you sure dont seem to have a good grasp on this stuff.

Last edited: