• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the most used size of a vinyl banner please?

simpson246

Hi all,

Just a simple question please, what would you say is the most used size / most popular for a vinyl banner?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ryan,

TheSnowman

You sound like my customers. No standard. Whatever I can sell you to get the job done, and be worth my time. I suppose in a perfect world 4' X 8', but that would look ridiculous on the front of a folding table, so there is no solid answer here.

Mosh

I sell the most 3x6. Then 3x8, then 4x8. Those are my top three sellers.
But have done about every size there is....

d fleming

A better question MIGHT be what are the most commonly used roll sizes of banner. Depending on your printer size (if indeed you are printing and not just cutting vinyl) I would hazard a guess as 38" and 54" rolls.

Signsforwhile

deff a question that always makes my spine curl when customers call...

customer: what size do your banners come in

me: they come of a roll so whatever size you want

customer: well how big is a roll

me: 50" by about 150ft

customer: oh my that's way too big!!!

TheSnowman

deff a question that always makes my spine curl when customers call...

customer: what size do your banners come in

me: they come of a roll so whatever size you want

customer: well how big is a roll

me: 50" by about 150ft

customer: oh my that's way too big!!!

Oie...this is too true.

xxtoni

I think he might be asking for stockpiling purposes.

We keep a few different sizes in stock for our own good, to get the most efficient use of media without having to throw away too much. We keep everything from 1m to 1.6m in stock as far as frontlit banner goes. For vinyl it's 80-160cm.

mark in tx

The correct answer is whatever size make me the most money.

When customers ask that question, i point out the 4x8 work table and tell them that is 4 foot by 8 foot, they usually then decide if that is too big or too small.

No easy answer, you have to find out what they want the banner for and make your recommendation on that.

simpson246

Many thanks for all the replies and apologies for the late reply.

A few comments regarding the 3x6 and 2x6 - First question is are you referring to the measurement of feet?

I ask this as I am looking to sell products on behave of vinyl wrappers like yourselves. Prices will be available for the most popular size with different sized banner prices available when contacting.

This is why I was asking to find out the most popular sized banner.

The banner I'm thinking of is more for one hung up in a shop, hung from a stall etc so smaller banners are the type I'm referring too.

Many thanks,

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many thanks for all the replies and apologies for the late reply.

A few comments regarding the 3x6 and 2x6 - First question is are you referring to the measurement of feet?

I ask this as I am looking to sell products on behave of vinyl wrappers like yourselves. Prices will be available for the most popular size with different sized banner prices available when contacting.

This is why I was asking to find out the most popular sized banner.

The banner I'm thinking of is more for one hung up in a shop, hung from a stall etc so smaller banners are the type I'm referring too.

Many thanks,

You gotta be kidding....... eh ??

Something tells me, you're barking up the wrong tree. Don't you think these guys are gonna be capable of producing their own for like.... next to nothing ??

simpson246

Hi Gino,

Sorry, I don't really get what your trying to say?

Please can someone specify which measurements they are refering to when stating 3x6.

I was obviously thinking about banners on shop walls, on trade stools etc so feet would be appropriate for these.

Thanks,