• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the thinnest, most light weight printable media you know of?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
What is the thinnest, might light weight media that's available for printing? Sub 80 or even 60 GSM.

Im just trying to look for the most light weight media available.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
jetcomp 1 mil clear polypropylene

lexjet avatrex 1 mil clear film

uncoated hiromi paper kozo rolls

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We ran a tonne of the canon 75gsm through or colourwave when we had it. Pretty sure there’s a lot crappier media’s about though. Biggest worry would be running it through your Colorado and getting it cured if it’s uncoated

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The lightest weight I've seen in rolls is 18# which is like 70gsm, but it was crap to work with. It was from Spicer Papers here in the US.

ha, no light weight paper is easy to work with. i'll have a look for it.

jetcomp 1 mil clear polypropylene

lexjet avatrex 1 mil clear film

uncoated hiromi paper kozo rolls

thanks for this!

We ran a tonne of the canon 75gsm through or colourwave when we had it. Pretty sure there’s a lot crappier media’s about though. Biggest worry would be running it through your Colorado and getting it cured if it’s uncoated

i haven't ran uncoated though the colorado yet, but i have ran some thin media before. i believe in matte mode, it'll cure fine though.

rjssigns

See if you can find out what the F1 teams use to print their sponsor decals. Not kidding. I used to know what it was but had no call for it. IIRC it's way less than half the thickness of the cellophane on a pack of cigarettes.
It needs to be so thin because regular cast vinyl is so thick(LOL) it upsets the aerodynamics.

This has been your semi-interesting bit of oddball info for the day.