• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the value of a Roland SP300v

GU signs

We are upgrading to a new larger printer and looking to sell our Roland SP300v. It is my everyday printer/cutter and is in excellent working condition. I am just wondering what you guys think is a fair price to ask for this machine?

Attachments

• Roland Printer 2.jpg
    Roland Printer 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 514
  • Roland Printer.jpg
    Roland Printer.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 723
  • Roland Printer - Model Tag.jpg
    Roland Printer - Model Tag.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 366

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Start it at $6000 and you will probably get close to $5000 out of it. They are great used machines and if it's in perfect condition, it's worth the money. We sell used SP-300s all the time. The older ones that aren't in the best shape usually go for $4500 - $5000 after we refurbish them.

GU signs

VanderJ - thank you for your input! It has been a solid machine but we have decided to move up to a 54" and do not have room for both in our print shop. If you don't mind me asking where do you typically list printers for sale? The only place I have seen them is on ebay.

GU signs

Craigslist buyer backed out last second. What should I do to store this printer? I have it plugged in and run a print through it each morning just to keep the ink fresh in the heads. Is there a way to bleed it out so I don't have to keep doing this or should I just keep it the way it is till I sell it?

BHT

Hi. I have a roland SP300v and I think it needs a new head. What is everybody opinion on spending the money to replace it. And do you think I can do that myself? I have done some work on my own stuff so I'm not totally dumb when it comes to fixing things

GU signs

I had a head replaced a couple years ago and it didn't seem to difficult but I would hate to miss one little step and damage the new head. As with anything it is always best to let pro's do what they do. Plus if something goes wrong it is on them to fix.

kelly r

Would like to know as well. I have a Roland sp300i and I was told today the parts are getting hard to replace. I need a black print head but I am sure I can still buy. They suggested upgrading machines.

Last edited:

MrDav3C

I think since Roland has stopped selling parts for these the value may have dropped.

For reference, I sold my SP540V for under £2000 in the UK last year, was a great machine in perfect working order & would have ideally liked closer to £3000

The problem is that no printer dealer seemed to want it due to the lack of OEM genuine Roland parts now available which in turn means they would not be able re-sell it as they wouldn't be able to provide a warranty.

cornholio

For a SP300, I would not give more than 1000. I wouldn't like to sell it, because if certain parts fail, it will be impossible to fix.(with new parts)

damonCA21

Sadly they don't sell for much, but can be a complete bargain as you can still get all the parts for them - some new, and some tested and used, so can keep them going forever, and they are real workhorses and were better made than a lot of the later Roland models with dodgy boards etc... !

In the UK a fully running one sells for about £1500 ( despite some sellers asking £3K for them ! )

damonCA21

Would like to know as well. I have a Roland sp300i and I was told today the parts are getting hard to replace. I need a black print head but I am sure I can still buy. They suggested upgrading machines.
You can get pretty much all parts for the 300i easily enough. If you can't get them new you can get tested used parts on ebay from a few sellers, so no need to get rid of it and upgrade. Heads will be available for them for years

buggyjr12

Does anyone have an mint OEM sheet panel for a Roland SP-540V (or SP-300V - I think they're the same part) they'd like to sell?

It's part number 21475155 (or, #31 on the image below).

Disclaimer: I've already tried Roland, dealers, eBay, Alibaba, etc.

I would prefer OEM. I found a few but they were in worse condition than mine. Mine was mint until I dribbled some ink on it a few months ago and it ate the finish off. :mad:

TIA

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(15).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(15).jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 30

cornholio

For a SP-300i, you should be able to get all the parts for another while (as long, as they last), as it is 10-15 years newer than a SP-300(V), where not all parts are available anymore.(available new from Roland, not some obscure refurbishers from China)

damonCA21

Does anyone have an mint OEM sheet panel for a Roland SP-540V (or SP-300V - I think they're the same part) they'd like to sell?

It's part number 21475155 (or, #31 on the image below).

Disclaimer: I've already tried Roland, dealers, eBay, Alibaba, etc.

I would prefer OEM. I found a few but they were in worse condition than mine. Mine was mint until I dribbled some ink on it a few months ago and it ate the finish off. :mad:

TIA
I have a few in stock, all OEM DM me if you are interested and I can send pics. And yes, the solvent in the ink eats through the paint on them in seconds - I know from experience !!!