• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this about?

billsines

Ok, this is a Stratojet FB1212 UV printer, I have an email out to their support but thought I'd throw this up here to see if any of you have any insight.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 120

billsines

Yes, the big black bar. It's like the black stays on the whole length of travel, at least in one direction anyway. This is a bidirectional test print on a flatbed printer.

I'll get to the nozzles later but this black strip is killing me. Printed yesterday no problem. Today, this.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know this really won't help much, but don't print anymore today and maybe it'll be Okay tomorrow, according to it's recent print history.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Yes, the big black bar. It's like the black stays on the whole length of travel, at least in one direction anyway. This is a bidirectional test print on a flatbed printer.

I'll get to the nozzles later but this black strip is killing me. Printed yesterday no problem. Today, this.

So it does it whenever you print anything at all or just when you do nozzle checks?

If you're printing a file and it prints that black bar in the middle of a run and then stops, it could be a couple of things. I've had it happen when the encoder is dirty or the reader is dirty. If it's the encoder, it'll usually happen in the same place every time. Could be a bad board or a bad cable.

It looks like (to me) that data loss or corruption is happening and this is the result.

Lane J

It might be the encoder, but I'd lean more towards your board being toast. I had something similar happen to one of my magenta heads staying on like that on my flatbed (completely different machine, but it looks similar). It was the board.

billsines

There is one controller board directly about the C and M heads, one above the Y and K heads, and one above the White head. So two heads plug into one board. So I turned the machine off, swapped the Y and K plugin locations, turned back on, did a test print. As expected,the Y and K heads were swapped in the print, BUT the black bar remained. So, is there some electrical problem with the ribbons coming out of the black head? I have more communication out to support, but they are in California, and I'm in Indiana, so communication isn't quite as quick as I'd hope it to be.

Any more ideas?