• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this half-cut option called?

303DC

I almost feel embarrassed asking, but what exactly is a half-cut like this called on backing paper? How is it accomplished? Is there a way to do this with Flexi on a Graphtec FC8600?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-10-11 13.18.29.jpg
    2015-10-11 13.18.29.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 301

J Hill Designs

take your blade holder out of your cutter. adjust the depth on a scrap piece until it only cuts the backer. run it across the stickers by hand

scott pagan

at our shop, we call it "back-slit decals" or "backslitting". we have a machine that will take single sheets and cut them to variable depths, with adjustable cut wheels that can be moved depending on the prints and desired cut areas.

DropZoneSpec

at our shop, we call it "back-slit decals" or "backslitting". we have a machine that will take single sheets and cut them to variable depths, with adjustable cut wheels that can be moved depending on the prints and desired cut areas.

Do you know what your machine at work is called? Maybe a pic of it? I've got one of the "top-sheet cutters" but can't imagine cutting 1000! Lol