• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this?

ams

Anyone know what these are?

Attachments

• weird.jpg
    weird.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 266

Johnny Best

It's a cabinet with a roof on it.
They are where you put the ransom money in kidnapping crimes. The roof is to keep the money dry so the kidnappers don't get mad about wet money. Was it next to an old phone booth, or in a crowded park. You can get them on the FBI.gov website.

bannertime

Trash apparently. Home made outdoor storage that doesn't even seem to have locking capabilities. The person that made them didn't even use them anymore so they cant be that useful. Looks like it might be useful for storing dog food out by a kennel. You out buying people's abandoned units?

2B

you appear to be in a storage unit?
you getting into the storage wars TV show?

the item in question appears to be what is called a Library book exchange box

ams

Book exchange is what I was thinking. Some people use mailboxes and such.

I've been going to storage auctions for 5 or 6 years, purchased 7 or 8 of them. I only bid if I see value, but I did bid on a mystery bin for $1, won it and flipped it for $50.

ams

It was a small cardboard box and a satellite dish sitting in a concrete bucket. Got rid of the sat dish, the box had a pair of dirty boots, and some used plumbing stuff like PVC pipes and some copper. Sold the boots for $10 and the rest for $40. Sold everything in about 10 days.

ams

My best flip ever was a piano, (not a grand, just an upright). That was the only thing in there and everyone said no way and wouldn't touch it due to the weight. I picked it up for $15, took photos to a local piano company, they said it was one of the last models for Kimball before they went out of business, said it was in very good condition but needed tuning. Ended up selling it for $350 as is.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Are those handles on the top? Looks like the boxes locals use to take their roosters to the cock fights.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I do. You wouldn't know, cause ya hafta have one to participate. :roflmao:

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Awww........... now, you're just reaching. Ya have nothing, so you attack. When you're running on empty, ya just start shooting. Same thing that's wrong with the whole country. Just a buncha angry dummies, not able to control their tempers, so they just go on a spree, for attention.