• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is Transflex?

CarolinaCabinet

that's funny... but seriously, a big client of mine emailed me late yesterday afternoon about some large jobs we will be receiving this year, and then added a "PS: Do you guys do transflex graphics?"

I don't want to sound stupid but I've never heard of it.

daveb

General Know-it-all
More than likely it's the customer that doesn't know what he's talking about. Had an old boss one time that knew absolutely nothing about computers but came up with some of the most convincing names for things that were so close to sounding correct, yet weren't. More than likely your client is talking about "translucent flex" faces, he's just picked the terminology up and shortened it to sound like he knows what he's talking about. :rolleyes: Just a theory.

Sign-Man Signs

Oh yea. I've heard of it. It's when vinyl changes part of it unit to accept other vinyls into it. Transflex, right? Really I think he's thinking translucent.

10sacer

He either means Flex faces for signs or transit wrap for the sides of semi's - you know the ones that are vinyl "banners" instead of pressure sensitive vinyl.

What type of work does your customer currently send you? Probably not too far off from that...

boxerbay

Could be many things.
duratrans film
translucent film
backlit film
or perhaps they want translucent banner
OR 3M Panaflex.

phototec

That's all I need to know, what is it? lol

Trans-Flex-Cast Static Cling Vinyl

Trans-Flex-Cast™, a soft polished flexible vinyl adhered to cast coated board, is called an “adhesiveless decal”. Trans-Flex-Cast™ will self-adhere to most smooth surfaces including glass, polished metal and other plastics. It has been especially formulated for screen, offset and lithographic printing. Trans-Flex-Cast™ is ideal for window displays, point-of-purchase, freezer and refrigerator decals, and auto window decals.​

Opps, I guess the customer knows what he's talking about!​

:thumb: