• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is up? no cutting vp540

signrios

i have a roland vp540 and recently cleaned up the encoder strip, i think i messed something up. i re-installed a new encoder strip. it prints but when it comes to contour cutting the cutting gear tries to separate itself from the print carriage and nothing happens, it tries a couple of times and then comes up with an error service call 0106

it also makes a thump noise when the print carriage travels to the far right of the printer.
i tried setting up the limit but i got this message... "Position Invalid out of Range"
also unrecoverable limit sensor.

any ideas?

thanks

mleg1972

Perform a limit position initialization. There are YouTube videos on it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mleg1972

You need to make sure the head carriage I'd locked and that the cutter tool is connected to the head carriage before initiating the procedure or you will get the out of range error

signrios

You need to make sure the head carriage I'd locked and that the cutter tool is connected to the head carriage before initiating the procedure or you will get the out of range error

the cutter tool is connected to the head carriage but when i try to setting the limit, it still tells me "position invalids out of range"
could it be a sensor? any more ideas

thanks

strypguy

Yes, but like mleg1972 said, is the print carriage locked in position? It is touchy to get locked into place. You have to move very slowly until you hear a "click". Then do the LPI. John