• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is wrong with S101 today?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have rippin fast internet. Today it takes like 30-60 seconds to load a page.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
asleep-at-the-wheel.jpg

ikarasu

Maybe upgrade your internet.... it's blazing fast on my end. But then again I'm 1gig up and 1gig down.

I have GB Fiber up/down, and it's slow to a crawl on my end as well.

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.signs101.com/K1j7YZge/ Seems like all the performance sites are now rating it a D due to how slow it is.... it seems to be wide spread as well, not just a few of us. I tried on my work fiber, my home Cable (GB/GB) And through 5G And it's slow on all ends.

On the west coast... Maybe a server between west coast/wherever it's hosted now is causing the issue if you're not seeing the problem... but I can tell you there definitely is a problem! It's like we're on dialup. Hopefully it just takes a bit for the route to be optimized and things start to speed up

[Edit] Just timed it, 8 seconds to load a new thread VS the half a second it used to take.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Thank God I'm not the only one. Damned website is as slow as my bank's website. I can line up 2 CC payments and pay my mortgage before my bank loads my personal accounts for a transfer...
Takes a long time for it to add up all that $$$$

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Slow yes - also getting a lot of old old posts - select recent new posts and get posts from early 2000 with no recent comments- things will work out eventually once the upgrades are done . Happens all the time with server and software upgrades , takes a bit to work out all the bugs , even happens to the big wigs - Microsoft , FB , apple .....we use to call them “ undocumented features “