• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What kind of adhesive vinyl for foamcore mounting

Bradw99

We just purchased a used laminator and we will be mounting posters. We are looking for and easy to apply gloss adhesive vinyl for mounting to foam core and coroplast. This is mostly for short term use 1-3 months. I want it to be easy to mount and the aggressive adhesive that we currently use are much harder to work with.
Any help would be grateful.
-Brad

unclebun

No matter what kind of vinyl you use, it will not be "slideable" or repositionable on paper foamboard. If the adhesive touches, it will stick enough to tear the surface of the paper.

We use our regular calendared air release vinyl for prints that we put on foamboard.

shoresigns

Depends what kind of printer you have. If it's solvent like ours, we use thicker vinyls like Avery's wall film to apply on foamcore/coroplast. If you have heavy ink coverage, regular calendered vinyl can be difficult to apply through the laminator without rippling.