• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What kind of Clear vinyl are you using for decals?

blacknbart

What kind of Clear vinyl are you using? I'm having problems with "cut thru" decals using an Oracal clear vinyl. I usually use General Formulation for my regular decals because of the non branded #90 liner. Excellent for kiss cutting and cut thru decals. I attached a photo of the result of me cutting on the clear Oracal vinyl.
All 500 were skewed in the same direction. This is after I ran 10 other jobs with the General Formulations without a hitch. I also always checked my equipment, printers, cutters, Rip and I even turn off the computer that controls all the equipment. I think it's the backer on the Oracal clear. What do you think?

blacknbart

I'm using both a HP360 and 560 Latex printer and a Graphtec FC8000 cutter.

Attachments

• IMG_6415.jpg
    IMG_6415.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 371

pinkiss

what would be best vinyl to have text see trough, likes you see on vehicles tiny stickers with alarm immolibilizer active etc.As most seem direct reverse printed ?

Nismoasfuh

I have used oracal 210 in the past with no issues. Can it be your cutting pressure? Maybe the other lam you used was thinner. Pressure/new blade will do wonders

Last edited:

blacknbart

I have used oracal 210 in the past with no issues. Can it be your cutting pressure? Maybe the other lam you used was thinner. Pressure/new blade will do wonders
Yeah I was thinking I may have to reduce the pressure on the cutter. The funny thing is I ran a 20 piece sample and they cut damn near perfect. I then ran a 160 plus run and they all came out skewed. I am also using a Gloss 210 Lam over the top I forget to mention that. I may also have to check my blade depth maybe that's a issue as well. Fairly new blade.

Dan360

I've had issues cutting heavier films too fast. My guess is the extra weight caused it to slip a bit here and there, slowed it down and it cut perfectly.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Are you using vertical compensation on the HP? Does graphtec have a vertical compensation method? I bet the Orafol vinyl is stretching more than the gf vinyl.