• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Lubrication should be used on Hp Latex machines

Makproductions06

Just curious what kind of lubrication you guys are using to clean and lube your machines. I am using some shredder lube right now but it is drying out everyday. I keep having to lube for the printer to keep running. Never used to do that. I'm not sure if there is something else that is causing that problem. any ideas?

Thanks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Wondering this myself.....ours is getting squeaky in places, and I can't really even find the cuplrits. One sounds like the media gears, the other sounds like the roller that the media goes over after going under the dryer.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just curious what kind of lubrication you guys are using to clean and lube your machines. I am using some shredder lube right now but it is drying out everyday. I keep having to lube for the printer to keep running. Never used to do that. I'm not sure if there is something else that is causing that problem. any ideas?

Thanks
We used to use Turbine oil but then switched to the HP stuff and it has some kind of additives that fights the I k build up

Prairieboy

I have been using a synthetic Gun oil for the Carriage rail has worked out really good, doesn't gum up or dry out.

Go down to your local Gun shop and buy their best synthetic gun oil, it will be rated for higher temps than the L26500 will produce.

Cheers

GP_Oz

At $32AUD for 10ml bottle the hp oil is expensive.
The rails in HP machines cannot be ordered...nor replaced with ease.
Use caution.
Had a new 3000 present with SAX issues, turns out the oil swap was at fault. A cheap 3 in 1 oil
Machine survived but operator got a clip around the ears.

Morkel

We were able to get a 100ml bottle from our HP supplier for just under $100. Not sure if it's genuine HP stuff or just an equivalent that the supplier has. In any case, it should be warranted as it's from a genuine HP supplier and they're the ones that hold the warranty. We just top up the small bottles when they get low, and with 3 HP machines that are 4, 3, and 2 years old, we haven't even used half the bottle yet.