• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What paper to use between acrylic panels?

Jackie

Hello All,
I have a client asking for me to bid on posters that will be sandwiched between acrylic panels and mounted with standoffs. Their specific question is: "The room the posters will be in tends to get humid in the summer so I’d like to know what type of paper you’d recommend (so the posters don’t stick to the acrylic)."

I would normally print on a photo paper, and not think to much about it, but it seems as though they may have had an issue in the pass with other prints. (produced by someone else.)

We have a Roland VG640 and a UV Printer, do you think one ink would perform better then the other or is it more of a media issue?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jackie

Last edited:

Reyj22

I have had similar projects where prints have gone in room with an indoor pool at a local college (warm and humid). We used styrene or pop up vinyl banner material printed with UV inks. Haven't had an issue.

Jackie

Thank you everyone for your input. We've priced the job out on a retractable banner material. I think it's a safe choice. After talking with the client more, she said "she has never used these frames before and didn't know what to expect". I guess she had me over concerned about nothing. I may end up just putting on the Sunset material anyway.
Thanks again.