• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What printed this?

Hey everyone,
I just did my "introduction post" so I'm as new to this forum as you can get.

I've been in the biz for a long time and have extensive experience with Roland Eco-Sol and HP Latex printers...

I also bought a used dirtbike and it has an aftermarket graphics kit on it from a company in Australia called "Rival Ink". Looking at the quality of their prints, I was floored. I've attached photos for you to see the detail in the tiny type under their logo. For comparison, there is a ruler in the shot as well so you can see how small it is.

I printed some decals using a HP Latex 560 and the best print quality I could get resulted in a more "speckled" or "mottled" print. You'll see in the pics...

I've heard the Epson printers have a finer pico-liter droplet size (not sure if I'm saying that correctly) but would that make the difference between my old Roland or HP and their beautiful, non-speckled prints?

Just curious as to what kind of printer has this amount of detail??

RivalTiny1.JPG
RivalTiny2.JPG
HPLatex560.JPG

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes Epson based machines will have better quality than the HP Latex. Your Roland printers also use older Epson heads which is why you see them getting closer to what you want. The newest Epsons have the TFP heads which have even smaller dots and better accuracy.

rjssigns

My Mutoh with DX7 head prints crisp text at 0.060". Anything with a DX7 head or one of the Epson printers will print solid colors that look like cast vinyl.
If you want better prints out of your Roland run it in Unidirectional. Slow but makes a better looking print. Can also cover up some issues caused by an older set of heads.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
My Mutoh with DX7 head prints crisp text at 0.060". Anything with a DX7 head or one of the Epson printers will print solid colors that look like cast vinyl.
If you want better prints out of your Roland run it in Unidirectional. Slow but makes a better looking print. Can also cover up some issues caused by an older set of heads.

Sound advice!

bird.jpg

The blue background is an offset cardboard, the print was made on a mimaki cjv150, nothing fancy just plain CMYK

tulsagraphics

tulsagraphics

I can get really good detail with my old Mutoh 1614 (DX5 print heads). This is just printed on some really cheap Pop-Up banner. Of course the quality is much better when printing on a cast film.

Attachments

• IMG_20180419_213913.jpg
    IMG_20180419_213913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162