• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Scanner!!!

heyskull

I need a new scanner either A4 or A3.
It has to be faster than my current HP scanjet 2400!!!
And either network or USB connections.
The cheaper the better as money is tight at the moment.

SC

Pat Whatley

HA! I've got the Canon MP250 and I only paid $28 for it. It's 10 better and $1 less!

Seriously, I disconnected a very expensive professional scanner and replaced it with the Canon. Technology has pushed scanners into two categories....really cheap and really expensive. Really cheap works really well.

signmeup

HA! I've got the Canon MP250 and I only paid $28 for it. It's 10 better and $1 less!

Seriously, I disconnected a very expensive professional scanner and replaced it with the Canon. Technology has pushed scanners into two categories....really cheap and really expensive. Really cheap works really well.
Doh!! (hangs head and shuffles off)

signmeup

I could sell you the scanner part... I never use it anyway. I use my bigass Canon camera to get images/documents into my computer now.

signguy 55

I use a Visioneer One Touch USB. Works great with Flexisign. You can scan as a color or black and white pdf, also many settings for resolution.

I paid about $80 bucks for it at Office Max about 3 years ago, I'm sure the technology is better now and prices have dropped.

My wife has a Lexmark scanner, printer, and copier. The scanner options on her machine are almost zero. So if you're scanning for sign work I would go for a dedicated scanner.

CheapVehicleWrap

Either of these should suffice.

Attachments

• butt_scanner.jpg
    butt_scanner.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 56
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 61

Jackpine

I have a Visioneer One Touch USB Ibought as a closeout from Office Max for $19. It's 1200 dpi and is 8 years old and works great and is fast.
I also have an all in one Epson NX615 I got on sale for $59.00 but not as fast or ease of use as the "old cheap" Visioneer. The Epson NX I just use as a copier and a printer for office stuff.