• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What sewing machine should I get for sewing vinyl banners

Mike Tyrrell

We are just starting out printing banner and I would like to sew the hem. What machine would be the best?
I am looking at Juki double needle but I don't know what model number.

Help

richsweeney

That is what we did when we started making banners. We got rid of it. If you are making banners all day long, I would get a welder instead. Otherwise banner hem tape will last couple of years. However this year we switched to power tape. It has a higher cost, but no hemming or folding. Just cut your banner to finish size and apply and grommet.https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/PowerTape. I have been watching about eight 48x96 banners strapped to cyclone fences around town for about a year, and they look great. Also I think the product has a cleaner look.

bannertime

OP,

As for the sewing machine. If you use the search bar and search for Juki you'll find a bunch of post with model numbers.

That is what we did when we started making banners. We got rid of it. If you are making banners all day long, I would get a welder instead. Otherwise banner hem tape will last couple of years. However this year we switched to power tape. It has a higher cost, but no hemming or folding. Just cut your banner to finish size and apply and grommet.https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/PowerTape. I have been watching about eight 48x96 banners strapped to cyclone fences around town for about a year, and they look great. Also I think the product has a cleaner look.

We used to use PowerTape for most of our promotional banners. Still haven't had a decent test of durability so we still do the tape hem for some jobs. We recently switched to HeftyHem from Custom Adhesive Products. Much better price on the single sided banner tape. Free shipping on orders over 50. They make the adhesive themselves, too.