• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should be my next shop project?

Which project should I start next?

• Hand cut foam icon from my logo with baclit LED's

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Wrapping a motocross helmet in camouflage

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Hand cut foam letters onto a digitally printed MDO sign w/ routered edges

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 2 layer, routered MDO, hanging sign

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Turning my flat black door into a 6' pinstripe panel

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Flame

Well I am trying to figure out what to do with my showroom, so I am just making random pieces of all sorts of oddball work I can do, and make them look as nice as possible. Like walking into the garage of a master (I wish).

Anyways, what do you guys think I should tackle next? I'll go off of whichever gets the most votes, and show step by step how I make it. If you're not interested in my little shop project, no worries. I am mostly doing this for fun... but I also really need help deciding what I should tackle next. :( My creativity is lacking this week.

BTW, I have never made any of these so will have to sorta learn along the way.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Body paint some Hooters girls and post the video up on youtube....

wayne k
guam usa

.....just make sure to post the follow up video of the beat down from your wife when she finds out.

S'N'S

No...he should hire me to come for a holiday and body paint the hOOters girls:clapping: and he can video and post it where ever he likes.:rolleyes:

mmmmmmmm....hooters..................er girls.

Dave Drane

Flamey, your next project should be to get as many old SignCraft mags as you can, take some time out and read as many as you can and I gaurantee you creative juices will start overflowing.

Craig Sjoquist

very interesting .... I say do one a week just get them all done ...you got the time ya need to self promote ...this is the time to make sure our own advertising is up to date for max sales
thanks for the reminder

Bigdawg

Just Me
My husband votes for the hooter girls painting and said he would be more then happy to do any prep work on them that may be needed...

Flame

Flamey, your next project should be to get as many old SignCraft mags as you can, take some time out and read as many as you can and I gaurantee you creative juices will start overflowing.

Great idea. I have stacks of them I can read through. :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's the size and appearance of your showroom now ??

Kinda hard to suggest something that we don't even know what we're working with...... :doh:

Post a few pictures from different angles and maybe we can get some creative juices flowing for ya.......... :bushmill: :bushmill: . . . :Oops:​

Flame

What's the size and appearance of your showroom now ??

Kinda hard to suggest something that we don't even know what we're working with...... :doh:

Post a few pictures from different angles and maybe we can get some creative juices flowing for ya.......... :bushmill: :bushmill: . . . :Oops:​

Just need a suggestion on what sounds fun. I can design it and build it (um... hopefully?), just can't decide which project to tackle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Plant a grapefruit tree in your showroom and put a grow light on it and eat grapefruits this summer fresh off the tree.... that's fun.

What a knucklehead..............​

I hate to say this here, but I think you need to talk to your new wife if you can't think of anything fun to do with your free time around the shop.

I always thought, if I ain't gonna get paid for something, I might as well be doing something I like for nothing. :banghead: :ROFLMAO:​

Bigdawg

Just Me
... I hate to say this here, but I think you need to talk to your new wife if you can't think of anything fun to do with your free time around the shop.
I always thought, if I ain't gonna get paid for something, I might as well be doing something I like for nothing. :banghead: :ROFLMAO:

Too funny Gino...

Flame

Plant a grapefruit tree in your showroom and put a grow light on it and eat grapefruits this summer fresh off the tree.... that's fun.

What a knucklehead..............​

I hate to say this here, but I think you need to talk to your new wife if you can't think of anything fun to do with your free time around the shop.
I always thought, if I ain't gonna get paid for something, I might as well be doing something I like for nothing. :banghead: :ROFLMAO:​

lol. My walls look bare Gino, and I kind of want to try something new. Part of learning my trade, just the hard way. :rock-n-roll:

Marlene

you do a lot with bikes. you could you take the area where two walls come together, do a big digital print so it looks like a dirt track and park a bike in front of the area with a helmet all done by you. every since I went to the Maritime Museum in Halifax, I've wanted to do something like that. they have a big wall with the deck of the Titanic with all the deck chairs, then they have a real deck chair and it just looked awsome.

Flame

You said your walls are bare. Do something for your walls.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh, that's what I'm doing. :rock-n-roll: Any of these would go up on the walls. Other than the pinstriping of course. I'm just looking to spice up the shop with another project, and have fun with it and learn something new. No harm in that is there? :)