• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What software do you have to your cutter? I need to find a new one

Myte

I'm in need of finding a new software to use with my cutter. Which software do you use with your cutter?

I've bought a used SummaCut D60and with it the software MacSign followed. It is supposedly for Windows users also, and to woman who had the cutter before me was a pc windows user and had used these cds to install the software she used. The odd thing is that on the installation cds it saysMacOS9 and the other one MacOS X. As far as I am know to, you can't run software meant for Mac, on windows. Am I correct?

:help

I tried http://www.summa.be/html_en/support/downloads.php?productline=2 but have had no luck with it.

signage

You could get CoCut, they offer a trail period and are a MM for this Forum! Also if you have or can get a windows drive you can just use CorelDraw.

Myte

Yea, it's just for running the cutter. I send my designs from Illustrator. Thanks, can't wait to get it running - got work to do! ^^

Kottwitz-Graphics

Yea, it's just for running the cutter. I send my designs from Illustrator. Thanks, can't wait to get it running - got work to do! ^^

You said in another post that you bought the plotter, vinyl, and other equipment as a bundle. Did the bundle include the computer with the drivers?

If so, then it should be a plug and play, with a little tweaking...

I currently use Corel, and the plotter came with a disk with the drivers, but if you didn't get that, you can download them from the Summa website.

I'm away from my shop now, but its pretty easy to find on there. Worst case, make a call to tech support (or drop them an e-mail). Summa tech support is second to none, and they will have you up and running in no time.

I checked the link that you posted, and that is the correct thing. WinPlot (for windows) is what you want to install. Winplot is the bridge program from your design software to the plotter. It will give you a little knife icon, and you select the objects you want to cut, select the knife icon, and it launches WinPlot. From there you send it to the plotter.

I will recommend CoCut as well, if you have the money. It gives you options that WinPlot doesn't offer, such as weed lines...

Myte

No, the computer with drivers weren't in the price :p But the CDs for mac did, strange.. (since she's a pc user I mean..).

I rang the support and were given excellent help with Winplot - it's now up and running. Guess what I'll be dreaming about tonight *laughs* Thank you all for your good input. I now know what to try if I ever get problems ;)