• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the F??!?!!?!?!?!?

blackicefx

I designed some graphics in Illy on my Vista64 laptop. I send those files via e-mail to my main machine running XP32. I open the files and I can't edit the graphics in any way. They show just fine, but are locked?? I've even transferred the files from one computer to another with a sd card and a external hard drive and the same result happens. All fonts are converted to outlines, there are no linked files, etc. What the F?? I was going to try to get these graphics cut today but now I am freakin pissed off... wasted a bunch of time.

Any thoughts???

Matthew
BlackIceFX

I designed some graphics in Illy on my Vista64 laptop. I send those files via e-mail to my main machine running XP32. I open the files and I can't edit the graphics in any way. They show just fine, but are locked?? I've even transferred the files from one computer to another with a sd card and a external hard drive and the same result happens. All fonts are converted to outlines, there are no linked files, etc. What the F?? I was going to try to get these graphics cut today but now I am freakin pissed off... wasted a bunch of time.

Any thoughts???

Matthew
BlackIceFX

EEK!!

that is the problem

tcorn1965

R Click the file and click properties
Uncheck Read only and apply. If that does not work...
R Click the file and click properties
go to Security Tab and take ownership of file and apply.

Terry

blackicefx

The file props are not set to read only and I do have ownership rights to the file even on the new comp. All aspects are locked, as if I had placed a bitmap into my graphic. I can't expand, live trace, etc.

UPDATE: apparently after opening and closing the file about 15x, the file is now registering correctly and I can once again manipulate individual items.

Matthew
BlackIceFX