• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What tools/items would you be excited to win as a wrap/vinyl installer?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are putting together a contest to coincide with our new website and I was wondering what prize would you be happy to win as a wrap/vinyl installer?

Last edited:

Brandon708

I see you edited it to wrap installers. I would say a installation kit that includes hip tool bag, squeegees, 3M air release tool, 3M knifeless tape, 3M primer, Olfa knife, Olfa sissors (small ones), avery wrap gloves and a blow torch that has the long cord and handheld trigger. Maybe even one of those small tool boxes you sit on that has wheels to scoot around.

Maybe one of those long heaters I've seen that you use to wrap bumpers

Christian @ 2CT Media

I see you edited it to wrap installers. I would say a installation kit that includes hip tool bag, squeegees, 3M air release tool, 3M knifeless tape, 3M primer, Olfa knife, Olfa sissors (small ones), avery wrap gloves and a blow torch that has the long cord and handheld trigger. Maybe even one of those small tool boxes you sit on that has wheels to scoot around.

Awesome ideas! Thank you... We have also been told the POD steamer and also the 3M Roller tool kit, would you also agree with that?

Brandon708

Awesome ideas! Thank you... We have also been told the POD steamer and also the 3M Roller tool kit, would you also agree with that?
I don't have any experience with those tools. The roller I don't think I would use because I would feel more comfortable using my thumb with the Avery glove.

Pippin Decals

I second that !!!!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Avery gloves don't last use the WrapGlove instead, a BillCollector.
, NT Cartridge knife, Avery Flextreme, 3M CPA-2, MonkeyStrips and MonkeyTails, GeekWraps Squeeges, Stinel Heatgun with IR temp sensore....

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'd say nice tool carts. Or rolls of solid color wrap vinyl. Employers should be providing everything else like torches/squeegees for them already.
I know when we got our installers their own carts they really liked them and personalized them right away.

2B

Good squeegees that are designed for wrapping
kneepads / low profile roller to save the knees

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'd say nice tool carts. Or rolls of solid color wrap vinyl. Employers should be providing everything else like torches/squeegees for them already.
I know when we got our installers their own carts they really liked them and personalized them right away.
This would be mostly geared towards shops / independents, but carts would be a great idea!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Like 2B said above the low profile rollers would be nice also. Yellotools also have some nice stuff that most installers don't have.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Yellotools, Image 1 Impact, and 44 Tools may be willing to sponsor the contest if you have enough interest/coverage...

All three of them have promoted events at trade shows