• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What type of paint should I use?

bigsign

I have a customer that needs these acrylic inserts painted. Also the acrylic has a milk like film on it? I would like to use krylon fusion spray paint.

Attachments

• DSCN3093.jpg
    DSCN3093.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 121

John Butto

pan faces

If your just going to paint the outside of the faces the Krylon should be fine and of course it will be opaque. If you want to paint the the interior you can use the Krylon too but I think the milky haze is going to still show but sometimes since that particular paint has toluene and xylene in it and it will "melt" out the white haze but from the picture it looks pretty bad. If it is acrylic you may want to use some xylene and see if it cleans off the white but if it is lexan those chemicals will melt it.

Craig Sjoquist

More info needed.
Whats the milky look about ? Was it not cleaned proper ?
Is this going to be back lighted ?
How old is plastic ? does it looked like a cracked / broken windshield ?

If it just gets a color, clean with soap & water paint with just about anything. ( latex )is most likely good for ya.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
These look like pan faces that have been "washed out" and not a very good job at that. Paint them white on the inside, apply vinyl to the outside. Done.

Pinfinity

I would highly recommend painting the first surface of the acrylic (outside). In addition, it might be wise to lightly scuff the surface with a 3m scotchbrite pad. They are available at any paint supply house , HD, etc. follow up with alcohol cleaning. Be carefull your not working with polycarbonate....if so, do not use laquer thinner to clean...obviously! good luck

Jillbeans

It looks as if they were very poorly stripped.
If you're going to repaint you need to use 12 mist coats of Grip Flex on the inside and use its corresponding thinner.
Cheaper to sell him new pans, in my opinion.
Love.....Jill