• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what vinyl for indoor wall installation?

lbpalm

Hi all,
I have a requirement to apply printed/laminated vinyl in a restaurant over a painted wood section of wall.
The wall and paint is in good shape.

Can anyone recommend a medium/long term vinyl for this application?

I have seen many medium tack "jarhead" type materials but I am looking for a more permanent solution.

I like Oracal but would use any appropriate material.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2B

PhotoTex is very good wall material, we like the higher adhesive version.
if there is no concern with paint / wall damage then any good vinyl will work.

you say the wall & paint are in good condition, how old is the paint? newer paints have added compounds that reduce the amount of staining. These paints also make it VERY hard to get vinyl to stick without prepping the wall

lbpalm

PhotoTex is very good wall material, we like the higher adhesive version.
if there is no concern with paint / wall damage then any good vinyl will work.

you say the wall & paint are in good condition, how old is the paint? newer paints have added compounds that reduce the amount of staining. These paints also make it VERY hard to get vinyl to stick without prepping the wall

Thanks buddy!
I will do an application test on the paint to see how much "sticktion" it actually has.

MikePro

+1 phototex.
just a pain to contour-cut anything but squares/circles due to the fabric-iness of the material, but it can be done with a little cleaning up by hand.

Lauren

Phototex has a repositionable adhesive, correct? We have been trying to find a vinyl for indoor walls that is a little more permanent. Any suggestions??

Richard G

We use phototex all the time on exterior walls. I don't have a pic here but we also did a wall in a gym that is 20' X 15' with 60" phototex paneled. it works out great and the client can just rip it down when it is not relevant anymore. it also works well on buses for temp adverts and alum or fiberglass tail gates as a temp sign

Attachments

• NSU-1.jpg
    NSU-1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 83
  • NSU-2.jpg
    NSU-2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 163