• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl to use for spot graphics?

I Branding

Good Morning guys,

I just wanted to pick your brain and see what everybody thinks about this, I print 53' trailer spot graphics all day long. And I just wanted to see what other ppl are using as far as vinyl? Now these graphics will be on trailers that are flying down the road all day and night and truckers just want them to stick. So what do ppl use that has some good adhesive and would make some money. I use everything from General Formulation Automark 230 to Avery 1105, I do not use 3m it is just too expensive in my opinion for jobs like these.

Thank you

Dr. Decal

If you aren't concerned with the calendared vinyl shrinking, I would go with the Avery MPI 2903 EZ apply.
It applies well and lasts for trailer graphics, not going to do you any favors if dealing with rivets though.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Instant One Media would also work, the adhesive has a really strong bond and their cast is really good if you need a cast and the price can't be beat.

I Branding

If you aren't concerned with the calendared vinyl shrinking, I would go with the Avery MPI 2903 EZ apply.
It applies well and lasts for trailer graphics, not going to do you any favors if dealing with rivets though.

All the trailers have rivets from panel to panel, thank you though

Johnny Best

I would stick with the Avery 1105 if you have been using that with success, it works great over rivets and quick installation if you are using the "Easy Apply RS".

I Branding

I would stick with the Avery 1105 if you have been using that with success, it works great over rivets and quick installation if you are using the "Easy Apply RS".

Yes 1105 works really well, I have also used GF Automark 230 for some and it also works good.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I guess I am old school and won't use anything but cast on vehicles and I try and look at the cost of a job from start to removal and educate my customers on the overall cost.

Cast doesn't shrink and leave the dirt ring. It will also conform to the rivets better so it will look better and last longer in most climates. I hate looking at vinyl that has shrunk, bridged and cracked around the rivets.

Lamination isn't an option. Lamination will look better and last longer as well and liquid lam is not an option either. You may save a buck or two up front but you will pay several times the savings when it comes time to remove liquid laminated vinyl.

There are certain brands of vinyl I will avoid at all costs because they suck to remove even when you follow manufactures timelines for clean removal. 3M being one of the easiest and Avery removes well as well.

Using air egress vinyl saves time during the installations and is well worth the cost. Half the time I don't even use a squeegee on trailers with rivets. A 3M cpa-2 roller for between the rows then the RollePro for the rivets, roller between, RollePro, rinse and repeat.

3mtm-rapid-roller-applicator-cpa-2.jpg

Last edited: