• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What would cause these bad cuts on a Graphtec CE6000-60?

phototec

What would cause these bad cuts on a Graphtec CE6000-60?

When the cutter cuts around the sharp corners, it is lifting up the 751 vinyl. I have slowed the cutting down and it's still doing it.

Has anybody seen this before and what did you do to correct it? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• BAD CUTS.jpg
    BAD CUTS.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 560

CanuckSigns

Is the knife sharp? A dull knife could cause this. I would also put a small radius on those corners prior to cutting, it will help them cut smoother and they will be less prone to lift when applied.

Small Lettering

SmallLettering.com
Usually when I get this on my Summa T, it's because a small piece(s) of vinyl is stuck to one or both of the small rollers on both sides of the tip of the blade.

BetaCtz

What blade angle are you using? I find a 45 cuts better than a 60 degree blade on any 2mil cast.

As previously mentioned
- blade depth
- cutting strip is good in those areas?
- slow down cut speed
- loose vinyl bits stuck around blade area

phototec

You guys are AMAZING, I took the blade holder apart to install a new blade and there was a small piece of vinyl inside, I guess it was keeping the cutting blade from turning. Anyway thanks to all how came to my rescue. This could help others who experiance the same issue.

I was using a 45° blade on the Oracal 751 cast vinyl.