• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge?

grabutty

Just curious about how much this job would cost in different areas of the country. Check out the pic and, if you don't mind, tell me whereabouts you are from and give me a ballpark on the cost.

THANKS!!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-26 at 3.07.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-26 at 3.07.02 PM.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 176

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You've been around here a long time, but probably never realized that not many people will post up true numbers on a thread where all and anybody can see. They'll give you round abouts, but why ruin it when end-users are looking at these same threads ??

A simple blue band encompassing the truck and a few feet of die cut vinyl can't go for too much these days.

Figure out your material usage, about 3 or so hours of labor, whatever your overhead and profit need to be and you should be pretty close to a number.

Malkin

$675 to $750 probably, though there are always certain factors that could make it swing outside of that.

fresh

I'd be in the $1200 ball park, maybe a little less.

edit: now that I look at it better, i think we would be around 950.. its not as much as i thought when i first looked at it,

sardocs

With the blue stripe I'd be at $1100. Is it too late to peel of the comic-sans and replace it with a real typeface?

grabutty

Comic Sans!

With the blue stripe I'd be at $1100. Is it too late to peel of the comic-sans and replace it with a real typeface?

Agree completely. Design was provided. I tried to get rid of it, but only was able to convince them to get rid of some.

CanuckSigns

I would quote around $900, but i would loose it to the guy down the street who would do it for $400 on unlamininated calendered vinyl.

qmr55

Been a member since 07 which means you've been in the business for at least 5 years and you don't know how to price a simple van lettering job? Maybe I'm off point but that seams rather odd!

J

john1

Maryland, East Coast and $960 plus layout using cast. Calendered $766.50

Guessing sides being covered were 15'x5' and back was 5x5'

grabutty

What I charged...

I charged 750.00 in the end, but I think I'd charge a bit more given a repeat performance.

Thanks for all the honest (and humerously sarcastic) answers. Always good to know where you stand (whether with vinyl or forum etiquette).