• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would YOU do with the money?

Steph_Stamm

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cartoon.jpg
    Cartoon.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 473

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
How ironic. I grew up next to twins named Bob and Bill. Neither was very smart. But in comparison, Bill was the smarter of the two.

JB

SignProPlus-Chip

I prefer to pay up front and in full and not owe anyone for anything.

Where is the last frame of the comic where they total the cost of a subscription in perpetuity compared to a one time purchase?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what I'd do with all the extra money, because it always finds a way to get spent, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the fact, that it's in my best interest to do so.

Let's take for example a big company with loads of designers. They could call in and turn on if they hired two new people or off if they fired one last month accordingly without having to be outright buying all these programs and sitting on them from time to time. Also, I imagine, as Jeremy here said, it would really thwart piracy, which is a big problem with many of these software programs, especially the good ones. However, while you hafta be online while using it, what happens if your connection goes down for whatever reason. Are you dead in the water ?? At someone else's mercy ?? Hmmmmm ?? What happens if you don't pay the subscription by mistake..... does your software go on the blink for a day or two, until you're set up again ??

Nope, I like having the real hard concrete stuff in my grimy little paws and having full control. Anything I can bring in-house and have complete control and quality control over is usually in my best interest.

The only good thing I can see is..... if the whole world did it, at least we'd all be on the same version and wouldn't have problems going back & forth with files and no outta date software which wouldn't be supported anymore. We'd all be on a level playing field, huh ??

CanuckSigns

Now post the one 5 years later, where the guy who bought his software outright doesn't have a monthly payment and the guy on the subscription realizes he's spent $3000.00 on a piece of software that stops working the minute he stops feeding the monthly payment monster....

player

This post makes me want to puke. It's like Russian propaganda.

Let mother Flexi enslave you forever, and if you dare stop paying we turn off all your years of hard work / art files.

CanuckSigns

Some of these companies must think we are really dumb to not be able to see through their BS "it's less expensive to go with a subscription" jargon what they are attempting to do is lock you into a monthly payment so they have a steady income stream. since they will no longer need to rely on updates for additional income, expect them to be few and far between as well, i mean why would they bother when they are getting your money anyway?

Also, what happens when an update is done and it is less than desirable? I skipped corel x6 altogether for this very reason, i tried it, found that some of the updates actually caused the program to crash quite often, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled x5, do you have the option of reverting back to a previous version with the subscription model? I doubt it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
So how much is the monthly subscription plan on the tv? Did he go to the "rent to own" place for it also?

I, also, always prefer to buy the software once and own it for as long as I will need it.

CES020

do you have the option of reverting back to a previous version with the subscription model? I doubt it.

So far, you do in the Adobe package.

And just for the record "the cloud" doesn't "go down" and stop you from working unless you're storing all your files there. I don't think I use any of the "Cloud" services, but I do have the subscription.

Charlie J

I refuse to "upgrade" to cloud products.

My full version of Flexi- Paid for
My full Adobe Suite- Paid for

visual800

So if we were talking cars, leasing vs paying cash down, this sounds stupid to me. Dave Ramsey would not approve. I would much rather pay all up front and be done!

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I refuse to "upgrade" to cloud products.

My full version of Flexi- Paid for
My full Adobe Suite- Paid for

What were dealing with right now is that our clients have upgraded and send us Adobe CC files.
CC files don't always open properly in previous versions, even CS6.
It's a little annoying to have to call your clients and say, "could you save that down to CS6" (Basically, I don't want to upgrade even though it's my industry).
Apart from this I agree with the hard copies.

Steph_Stamm

However, while you hafta be online while using it, what happens if your connection goes down for whatever reason...What happens if you don't pay the subscription by mistake..... does your software go on the blink for a day or two, until you're set up again ??

If your internet connection goes down, even for several days, you will still be able to run Flexi. Here's how it works: When the credit card is charged, it sends a notice to Flexi to extend the license. You then have 1 month before Flexi talks to the payment processor to see if it should extend the license. We also have a built-in grace period between payments for anything that should go awry. You could go weeks without an internet connection and still be able to run Flexi. Additionally, our customer support staff proactively calls customers who are experiencing issues to make sure business production keeps running smoothly.

since they will no longer need to rely on updates for additional income, expect them to be few and far between as well, i mean why would they bother when they are getting your money anyway?

If any company operated like that, it wouldn't be long before they were out of business. We have already made several product and feature improvements over the last 6 or so months of the subscription product's life, and will continue to do so as long as we want to remain in business. :)

Also, what happens when an update is done and it is less than desirable? ... do you have the option of reverting back to a previous version with the subscription model?

If you have already installed an update over your existing software, then there is no way to revert back. However, technical support calls are free for subscription and current versions, and we can respond with a patch quite nimbly. Typically, in addition to our beta testing, we do a slow roll out to users to minimize risk of major issues.

However, you have the option to download and install a full installation of each version while keeping your previous version in tact. This can be a little cumbersome but the option is there.

So how much is the monthly subscription plan on the tv?

Wouldn't that be great to get a new TV a few times per year, with the latest and greatest features? :rock-n-roll:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So is it just me or do the graphics in the cartoon look like they were designed in the Flexi cloud?

This was pushed to my facebook feed a few days ago and looking at it I had to wonder what level of consumer this was targeting.
Seems like something you would see on the cartoon channel Saturday morning trying to get kids to eat their broccoli.

wayne k
guam usa