• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you guys charge for this install?

Maxon70

I was contacted by a local drink distributer about installing some decals on the back of their trucks and need help pricing this thing..
The decal is a little over 7' wide x 8' tall, I will be installing this onsite in a heated warehouse,

The manager thinks it would take about two hours per truck. they will be cleaning the trucks first,

What would you guys charge for this kind of job?

Also there could be a lot more business from them after the trucks are done.

Thanks

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 503

Maxon70

Thanks guys, Its about 3 miles away not far at all, I doubt I could get 350 a truck but that would be nice, he has 9 trucks he wants done,
150 sounds good to me but i'm sure someone will go lower..

henryz

You'll always be underbid no matter what the situation is. I'm in the neighborhood if you do 3 or 4 at a time.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Slated doors? I wouldn't do it for any less than $150 each. That's a lot of fooling around.... up and down a ladder, or scaffolding... cutting each section, and making sure all the cracks between each panel is also cleaned for good adhesion? If your not going to get paid for your talent, why bother? You are in the business to make money, correct?
I can't imagine them having some one clean between each panel on those doors... so guess who will have to do that also?
Don't forget to clean the whole surface to make sure it is really clean.... about 2 hours each makes sense.
Moving the scaffolding or ladder around and re-setting up for each truck... shall I go on?

Maxon70

Thanks for all the good advice guys, I think I will shoot him the price of 150 each and go from there, I think its better to start high and then counter, he said he hasn't contacted anyone else yet and the old guy he had been using before is to slow to get stuff done.

2B

for installation only, they provide print and scaffolding

a one off would be 200 plus
if there are 9 then $150, maybe lower after the first install and you get a better feel for the ease of application.

NOTE: make sure you disclaimer that any screw up on the prints are on them and no warranty

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
They need to clean them the night before or you will have to roll the door up and clean the water our from each panel before you can install them.

If your doing them in a heated warehouse I would also have them put inside the night before. That way if it rains they will be dry and ready to install.

ams

Every town has a different set of prices for products and labors. So asking 5 people on here will give you 5 different answers.

Ohio Sign Shop

Lots of good advice. I've done several hundred large trailers (Ryder, Penske, etc) and one thing they have in common is all take more time than people NOT doing the job understand.
In addition to not being "install clean" when you arrive, be ready to remove any existing decals, working around door hardware and surface dings. Back of trailer is always the dirtiest, nasty, road-grimed place to work. After you do one, you will have a better idea of the true time and effort needed to do the work. Hold off quoting the others until you have completed at least one of these. Also be aware that trailers sitting there are not making money for the client, he will pressure you to hurry. Might consider taking a helper along.