• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's causing this?

graphix45

I had problems last week with my Roland VS640 printer stopping in the middle of a job. The head stops on the control panel side, but with a light tap on the side of the printer it would go again. It would make one pass, then stop. So every time it came back to the control panel side and stop I tap the side and it goes again. This happened about 7-8 months ago and I cleaned the encoder strip & did a limit initialization and it has worked fine ever since, until now. So today I did the same thing, cleaned the encoder and did the limit initialization. This is the first print I tried...it printed like this and only printed this much and stopped. Anyone have a clue as to what caused this.

Attachments

• IMG_20171002_170742279.jpg
    IMG_20171002_170742279.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 141

graphix45

Thanks I did go back and clean the strip again and it got better, but still has a little bit of an offset on some parts of the print.

graphix45

Just started a print and while printing the first crop marks it stopped on the left side, beeped and shows carriage separated.

graphix45

Here's what the crop marks that printed looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_20171003_090810989.jpg
    IMG_20171003_090810989.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 96

graphix45

Update: It seems it was the encoder strip, I unhooked the left side and pulled the strip up as much as possible and cleaned the strip again with 91% alcohol. Then did the limit initialization again and problem solved...for now at least.