• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats causing this?

crny1

Attached is a picture of a print I am having trouble with. You can see in the left mainly and the center along the top there is some green areas. The green has a hard edge to it so to me its got to be in the file.
The file is a vector that fills the shape and then a image layed on top of the vector that has a transparency graient to it to make the picture fade out and the vector fade in. Any ideas where or why these green areas are showing up?
Thanks and Happy New Year

Attachments

• IMG_4789.jpg
    IMG_4789.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 413

Ultimate13

Not sure if this will fix your issue, but when dealing with transparencies this trick works for us and those 'boxes' go away.

When saving try as an .eps choose high resolution & language level 3.

We were told this by someone else and I am not even sure why it works but it has worked for us. Good luck with it!

ADuke

I agree with Ahmed, this could be a RIP software issue. What are you using for your RIP software?

You could rasterize the artwork in photoshop as suggested. If you are using Illustrator, you could try flattening the transparency (under the Object tab). that has worked for me when printing gradients and transparencies.

shoresigns

Transparencies in complex files with both vector and raster art will often cause problems like this. Some RIPs will process the raster and vector parts of the file differently, so when they're layered together with transparency, you'll get errors in the print.

The easiest solutions are to rasterize and flatten the file to a JPEG/TIFF, or flatten the transparency when you export to PDF for printing (look for the PDF 1.3 compatibility options to flatten transparencies in Adobe software).